GeoPura designs and implements the commercial use of zero emission fuels, through the provision of innovative technology and commercial solutions, to decarbonise our global economy. GeoPura has particular interest in developing fuel cell, green hydrogen production and hydrogen carrier technologies and methods. GeoPura is working in partnership with Siemens Energy to provide this delivery of renewable, zero emission energy at a large and significant scale. With experience in providing zero-emissions power to a wide range of industries – from construction to film and TV production, to outdoor events – GeoPura harnesses hydrogen technology to generate and distribute the vast amount of energy required to decarbonise our global economies. Current clients of GeoPura include Netflix, BBC, HS2 and Balfour Beatty.
Following significant Series A investment, GeoPura is seeking a Field Service Technician to work on site, responsible for carrying out preventative maintenance, reactionary services and predominately running the Hydrogen Power Units (HPUs) on sites across the UK. The ideal candidate will have a strong electrical background followed by mechanical skills and a solid ability to problem solve.
Required – Relevant technical qualification and training in an electrical discipline. (eg Gold card, City and Guilds) GCSEs.
Desirable – CCNSG, CSCS, IOSH Working safely V5.0a, First Aid, Manual Handling, Working at Heights, Fire Awareness, A Levels, 18th edition (also known as BS 7671 or wiring regs), NVFCL Fitok Tubing & Tube Fittings Intro & Safety Installation, Safety Critical Medical.
- Ability to work safely at all times, ensuring compliance to regulations and Safe Systems of Work
- Running the Hydrogen Power Units including hydrogen changeovers
- Maintenance and service of essential electrical and mechanical systems
- Installation and commissioning of Hydrogen Power Units
- Installation of basic power distribution components
- Recording of data (Hydrogen usage, power output)
- Present a positive and professional image
- Ability to analyse and solve complex problems
- Clearly communicate technical issues
- Utilise computer programs to create site reports
- Work from systems maintenance software
- Isolation and testing using electrical testing equipment
- Wiring of AMF’s and distribution boards
- Cable sizing requirements
- Electrical technical support
- Supporting with the growth of GeoPura’s power distribution service, this includes the requirement to provide test and inspection certificates for any power distribution GP provided
- Advanced remedial/inspection works, e.g. battery inspections
- Demonstrated problem solving skills and independent decision-making capabilities.
- Experience working on high profile sites
- Basic computer skills required.
- Demonstrated ability to repair and commission electromechanical equipment
- Demonstrated experience with low and medium voltage equipment, and high-pressure gas systems
- Work well under pressure
- Able to work independently, with minor supervision.
- A structured, consistent process to documentation and following working procedures in a safe and efficient way.
- General understanding of work safety procedures
- Knowledge of PLC’s, transformers, invertors and UPS systems
- Working with AC and DC
- Working with battery systems
- Attention to Detail
- Positive Team Attitude
- Independent decision-making capabilities
- Team Player
- Flexible and have “drive”
- Problem Solving Skills
- Communication-verbal and written skills (essential)
- IT skills including use of Microsoft office via Laptop, Smartphone and tablet
- Time Management – task prioritisation and organisation (required)
- Planning and Organising
- Full Driving Licence
- Can work away from home and out of hours when required including weekend work as necessary
- Light physical effort with frequent lifting or moving of lightweight materials and use of hand tools.
- Standing, kneeling, and bending required during a typical workday
- Occasionally lifting components up to approximately 20kg may be required
- Possess a full range of manual dexterity to assemble parts or pieces together quickly and accurately.
- Perform assembly operations in small and overhead spaces
- Able to pass a safety critical medical
What we will give you in return:
A competitive salary of £44,000
Essential toolkit (with option of buy back scheme)
A career within a rapidly growing company
Generous on-call package including overtime @1.5 rate for weekend and out of hours work
Exposure to exciting projects within film and TV
To apply, please contact email@example.com with your CV.