Location : Newcastle
Starting timeframe: Immediate
GeoPura’s mission is to decarbonise global economies using zero-emission fuels and financially sustainable, innovative technologies to end our reliance on fossil fuels. At GeoPura we understand the scale of the challenge, we are on a journey towards net-zero and how we get there is equally as important as the destination. As a business we are: Innovative, Collaborative, Agile, Sustainable, Protective
GeoPura’s initial focus has been off-grid, temporary and back-up power, essentially diesel generator displacement, using low-carbon hydrogen via GeoPura’s proprietary Hydrogen Power Unit (HPU). The HPUs are manufactured to a GeoPura design by our partner Siemens Energy at their Newcastle facility, and employs an industrial fuel cell, UPS and batteries to deliver critical, zero-emission “energy as a service” to our customers across a wide range of use-cases from construction to film and TV production, to outdoor events. Existing clients include Netflix, BBC, HS2, Balfour Beatty and National Grid.
GeoPura are looking for a Stock and Inventory Manager to join their team in Newcastle. The role will primarily see equipment moving in and out of the business alongside managing one direct report.
Responsibilities of the role:
– Oversee and manage all aspects of stock and inventory within the organization.
– Develop and implement strategies to optimise stock levels, minimise stock-outs, and reduce excess inventory, ensuring efficient and cost-effective operations.
– Monitor and analyse inventory performance metrics, such as turnover rate, carrying costs, and stock accuracy, and take appropriate actions to improve operational efficiency.
– Implement and maintain inventory control processes, including cycle counting, spot checks, and reconciliation of variances, to ensure data accuracy and integrity.
– Coordinate with suppliers and vendors to ensure timely delivery of goods and resolve any issues related to quality, quantity, or discrepancies in orders.
– Manage the implementation and maintenance of inventory management systems or software, ensuring smooth operations and accurate data tracking.
– Ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and internal policies pertaining to stock and inventory management, including proper storage, handling, and disposal of products.
– Lead and manage one direct report, providing guidance, training, and performance feedback to optimise team efficiency and productivity
– Encourage a positive and collaborative work environment, encouraging teamwork, open communication, and professional development of team members.
– Stay informed about industry trends and advancements in stock and inventory management practices, sharing relevant information and guiding the team in implementing innovative and efficient processes.
- Proven experience in inventory management, preferably in a supervisory or managerial role.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement effective stock and inventory control procedures to optimise efficiency and minimise stock shortages
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent organisational and multitasking abilities.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of inventory management best practices
- Familiarity with inventory tracking systems.
- Competitive salary
- Annual bonus scheme
- Up to 5% matched pension contribution
- Share Plan option
- Enhanced family leave
- Private healthcare
- Enhanced sick pay
- Exposure to exciting projects across many and diverse power / energy applications.
- The chance to join a purpose-driven organisation tackling one of the grand challenges of our time (decarbonisation of energy systems)
To apply, please contact email@example.com with your CV.