Department: Renewable Fuel Production
Starting timeframe: Immediate
GeoPura’s mission is to decarbonise global economies using zero-emission fuels and financially sustainable, innovative technologies to end our reliance on fossil fuels. At GeoPura we understand the scale of the challenge, we are on a journey towards net-zero and how we get there is equally as important as the destination. As a business we are: Innovative, Collaborative, Agile, Sustainable, Protective
GeoPura’s initial focus has been off-grid, temporary and back-up power, essentially diesel generator displacement, using low-carbon hydrogen via GeoPura’s proprietary Hydrogen Power Unit (HPU). The HPUs are manufactured to a GeoPura design by our partner Siemens Energy at their Newcastle facility, and employs an industrial fuel cell, UPS and batteries to deliver critical, zero-emission “energy as a service” to our customers across a wide range of use-cases from construction to film and TV production, to outdoor events. Existing clients include Netflix, BBC, HS2, Balfour Beatty and National Grid.
– Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering or a related field (1st Class Honours preferred)
– Proven experience and expertise in mechanical design, project management, and engineering.
– Proficiency in CAD software, such as 2D AutoCAD or SolidWorks (experience in 3D AutoCAD desirable)
– Must have experience of Front-End Engineering Design (FEED)
– Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to interpret complex mechanical designs.
– Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to effectively collaborate with cross-functional teams and stakeholders.
– Knowledge of relevant industry standards, codes, and regulations.
– Experience in risk assessment, product development, and quality assurance procedures.
– Strong organisational skills and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
– Detail-oriented mindset, with a focus on accuracy and delivering high-quality work.
- Competitive salary
- Annual bonus scheme
- Up to 5% matched pension contribution
- Share Plan option
- Enhanced family leave
- Private healthcare
- Enhanced sick pay
- Exposure to exciting projects across many and diverse power / energy applications.
- The chance to join a purpose-driven organisation tackling one of the grand challenges of our time (decarbonisation of energy systems)
To apply, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV.