GeoPura’s mission is to enable the production, transport and use of zero emission fuels with commercially viable technology and services, to decarbonise our global economy. Our initial focus is off-grid, temporary and back-up power – essentially diesel generator displacement – using low-carbon hydrogen via GeoPura’s proprietary Hydrogen Power Unit (HPU). The HPUs are manufactured to a GeoPura design by our partner Siemens Energy at their Newcastle facility, and employ a PEM fuel cell, batteries and a UPS to deliver critical, zero-emission power “as a service” to our customers across a wide range of use-cases from construction to film and TV production, to outdoor events. Existing clients include Netflix, BBC, HS2, Balfour Beatty and the National Grid.
Geopura are seeking an Environment, Health and Safety (EH&S) Manager. This is a new role, created to bring in a talented individual who will establish and drive the company-wide EH&S culture and processes GeoPura needs to enable us safely to provide both the service level our customers expect, and achieve our ambitious growth goals.
The ideal candidate will be enthusiastic about defining and implementing safety management processes in an SME, and working with the senior management team of a young company to establish an effective and continuously improving health and safety culture. You will have a chemical engineering or other relevant technical degree-level qualification, and have direct experience in implementing process safety methodologies (including, but not limited to, hazard identification, hazard and operability analysis, layers of protection analysis) likely in a chemicals industry, petrochemical or other flammable materials sector. You will also have a good working knowledge of relevant industry standards and legislation, including DSEAR, and the PED.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Define EH+S management processes – in agreement with senior management team – and ensure compliance with these processes, with regular reports to the wider management team.
- Ensure compliance with relevant environmental, and health and safety legislation for all GeoPura’s activities, undertaking audits where necessary.
- Provide subject matter expertise in process safety, ensuring appropriate application of process safety methodologies to GeoPura’s designs and operations.
- Define minimum EH+S training requirements for employees at all levels of the company, and identify or develop cost-effective delivery mechanisms (both in-house and external).
- Advise design and operational teams in the management of design and operation risks, with particular emphasis on the hazards associated with hydrogen, compressed gas and electrical systems.
Benefits and Package:
Salary- up to £80K (DOE)
Flexible working and exposure to exciting projects across many and diverse power / energy applications
The chance to join a purpose-driven organisation tackling one of the grand challenges of our time (decarbonisation of energy systems).
To apply – send your CV to email@example.com and tell us why you would be a good fit for the role.