GeoPura’s mission is to use zero-emission fuels and financially sustainable, innovative technologies to end our reliance on fossil fuels. At GeoPura, we understand the scale of the challenge, that we are on a journey towards net-zero, and that how we get there is equally as important as the destination.
GeoPura’s initial focus is off-grid, temporary and back-up power – essentially diesel generator displacement – using low-carbon hydrogen via GeoPura’s proprietary Hydrogen Power Units (HPU). The HPUs are manufactured to a GeoPura design by our partner Siemens Energy at their Newcastle facility. They employ an industrial fuel cell, UPS and batteries to deliver critical, zero-emission “energy as a service”, to customers across a wide range of use-cases from construction to film and TV production, to outdoor events. Existing clients include Netflix, BBC, HS2, Balfour Beatty and National Grid.
Following significant Series A investment, bringing in world-class partners General Motors, Siemens Energy, Barclays Capital and SWEN Capital partners (Giants of industry, manufacturing and finance back UK green hydrogen pioneer GeoPura with £36m investment – GeoPura) , Geopura are seeking an Electrical Engineer to join their team at their manufacturing facility in Newcastle upon Tyne.
Typical Responsibilities Include
– Design, develop, and optimise electrical systems for Hydrogen Power Units
– Conduct feasibility studies and technical assessments to evaluate the performance and efficiency of electrical systems.
– Collaborate with cross-functional teams to integrate electrical systems into overall project designs.
– Perform electrical calculations, simulations, and modelling to ensure system reliability and compliance with industry standards and regulations.
– Develop and review electrical schematics, diagrams, and specifications.
– Oversee the installation, testing, and commissioning of electrical systems, ensuring adherence to project timelines and quality standards.
– Troubleshoot and resolve electrical issues during project implementation and operation.
– Stay updated with industry trends, emerging technologies, and best practices in clean energy and electrical engineering.
– Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or a related field.
– Solid understanding of electrical engineering principles, power systems, and renewable energy technologies.
– Proficiency in electrical design software and tools (e.g., AutoCAD, ETAP, PSCAD).
– Experience with electrical system modelling and simulation software.
– Knowledge of relevant codes, standards, and regulations (e.g., NEC, IEEE, IEC).
– Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
– Excellent communication and teamwork abilities.
– Ability to manage multiple projects and prioritise tasks effectively.
Benefits and Package:
- Salary- Up to £45k (DOE).
- Annual bonus scheme.
- Enhanced family leave.
- Private healthcare.
- Enhanced sick pay.
- This role is site based at our manufacturing facility in Newcastle upon Tyne
- Exposure to exciting projects across many and diverse power / energy applications.
- The chance to join a purpose-driven organisation tackling one of the grand challenges of our time (decarbonisation of energy systems).
To apply, please contact email@example.com with your CV.